12.31.2007

a clean slate for 2008

It was 2005 when I started this blog as an online journal where I could rant about the going-ons of my life as I tried to make sense of it all. Now as it is about to be 2008 I can only reflect back on these few past years. Since the start of this blog I have experienced a great heartbreak, I met, fell in love with and became engaged to my Fabulous Fiancee, I quit my full-time job where I was miserable, I had a beautiful baby girl who has forever changed my life, and I grew up. I left the dating world and entered a life as a Mom and somehow managed not to lose who I am in it all.

Becoming a mother is the biggest thing I have ever done in my life and it honestly made me grow up fast. It was as if overnight I stop wondering about life and asking the question, "Why?" For some reason everything makes sense now. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the answers to everything but somehow everything seems much clearer. I've stopped living in my own world and can see the big picture now. It's kind of crazy how parenthood can do that.

My title is no longer that of a single, carefree girl skipping about town so I decided to start 2008 with a clean slate as I took down all my past posts. The blog will have the same look but the content will be much different because I live a much different and more domestic life now. I still love fashion, pink martinis and have somewhat of a night life, but I also love babies and all the accessories (and baby shopping) that comes along with them! Look out 2008, it's going to be a fabulous year!!

No comments: